Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County will be participating in Giving Tuesday and we need your help! Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
On December 1, 2020, people all around the world are coming together to tap into the power of human connection and strengthen communities and change our world. Will you be one of them? By joining the Giving Tuesday movement, you’re proving that in times of uncertainty, generosity can bring the whole world together.
Here is what you need to know now:
1. Mark your calendars for December 1, 2020 and get ready to give!
2. Spread the word. Make sure you follow our Facebook page and Instagram. Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating real impact on December 1 by sharing what our mission means to you and why you support our organization.
3. Host a Facebook Fundraiser. It is easy to do and helps us spread the word! Here’s how:
- Just click here (make sure you’re logged into your account) and then click “Select Nonprofit.” Search for “Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County” and click our name.
- Fill in the details of the fundraiser on the left side. Choose how much money you’d like to raise and when you’d like the fundraiser to end (have it run for the day of GivingTuesday, a week, or a couple weeks – it’s up to you!). You can also change the title of the fundraiser if you’d like.
- Please feel free to add a personal message to the description at the beginning about why you’re raising money for DVS and why our mission is important to you.
- Once all the information is entered, just click “create.” This will post your fundraiser to your Facebook page and your friends can start to donate!
- Once the fundraiser is over, you don’t have to do anything. Facebook and Network for Good will distribute the funds to us.
The Early Bird Special (12am to 8am)
The first 10 $50 donations made on December 1, 2020 between midnight and 8am will be matched by Ron May Towing!
The Lunch Bunch Hour (12pm to 1pm)
The first 5 $100 donations made on December 1, 2020 between 12pm and 1pm will be matched by Washington Energy Services!